On Palm Sunday, your family goes to church for a service and to receive blessed palm leaves, but the celebration doesn’t have to end there. It’s the start of the largest celebration by Christians.
If you’re looking for something to do at home to keep it going, there are tons of activities and Palm Sunday crafts you and your family can check out!
Palm Sunday Crafts
- All you need to start is some green construction paper and a pair of scissors.
- Cut out a long oval.
- Let the kids cut into the edges all the way around. (Slits or cut out thin triangles.)
Palm Sunday Handprints:
- This one can get a little silly! You’ll need green construction paper (try different shades), popsicle sticks, a pair of scissors, and some glue.
- Have your family trace their hands 5-7 times on the paper.
- Cut out the prints.
- Glue the hands together at the bottoms of the palms to make a “palm leaf” and glue it to the popsicle stick.
- Break out the finger paints! Grab some green, gray, black, and white paint and some poster board or white construction paper.
- The parents can test their skills of who can paint the best donkey.
- Let your kids stick their hands in green paint and make “palm leaves” all around the donkey.
Palm Sunday Activities
Act Out the Story of Jesus Entering Jerusalem:
This activity is a great way to celebrate Palm Sunday with your family no matter what age everyone is. Everyone can choose their part and follow along with the story. Make it even better by letting everyone create their own costumes!
“Palm-Branch Pass” Game:
This game is best to play in a large group, so if you have a small family invite some friends over to celebrate Palm Sunday with you!
- Make two even teams and get everyone a chair.
- Line the chairs up for each team.
- The first person in line takes the palm branch and passes it down the row until it reaches the last person.
- The last person runs to the first chair while everyone else slides down so it’s open when they get there.
- When the runner sits, they repeat the process until everyone has gone.
- The first team to get everyone back in their original chair wins.
Give Them A Try
Keep the celebration going with any of these Palm Sunday crafts or activities and let us know which one your family loved the most!