As a parent, you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day by dressing in green and making your family a corned beef dinner, but what do your kids want?
St. Patrick’s Day treats!
Simple Recipes for St. Patrick’s Day Treats
Lucky Charms Cereal Bars:
It’s a known fact that kids love cereal, and everyone loves marshmallows. You probably already have a box of Lucky Charms in your pantry, so break it out and make cereal bars!
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter or margarine in a pot over medium heat.
- Stir in 8 ounces of mini marshmallows until they’re melted.
- Turn the heat off and mix in 6 cups of Lucky Charms.
- Spread evenly in a pan, cut, and enjoy!
St. Patrick’s Popcorn:
This might be the easiest goody to make with your kids. All you have to do is:
- Cook the popcorn and salt it
- Let your kids add Lucky Charms marshmallows, green M&Ms, green sprinkles, etc. Whatever they want!
Now you have a perfect salty-sweet St. Patrick’s Day treat.
No baking is involved with everyone’s favorite cookies! All you need are some Oreos, melting chocolate, and sprinkles.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until melted.
- Dip the cookies and lay them on a sheet of wax paper.
- Add sprinkles.
Another easy way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day is with yummy green pretzels. The instructions are the same as the dipped Oreos. Just melt some green candy coating and dip the pretzels in!
If you’re looking for a St. Patrick’s Day treat with less sugar, these Shamrock Lollipops are a great alternative.
- Slice up some kiwi.
- Insert a lollipop stick into each slice.
- Dip into melted chocolate, frosting, or whipped cream- kiddos’ choice.
- Add green sprinkles and refrigerate for 15 minutes before enjoying.
Festive Jell-O Cups:
Making Jell-O is easy, and it always entertains your kids. Festive cups are a great way for everyone to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
- Combine one packet of Jell-O with one cup of boiling water.
- Pour into serving cups equally.
- Let the Jell-O set.
- Add a layer of Cool Whip.
- Repeat steps until the cup is full.
- Add whipped cream and sprinkles.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
There are plenty of fun ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, and making yummy goodies with your kids is at the top of the list. These easy recipes are sure to spread that Irish cheer!